Swimming is one of the best forms of exercise because it engages large muscle groups and encourages full-body movement. Even if you don’t compete in competitions, you can still reap many benefits from swimming. Thus, you should take advantage of the expertise of a pool service in Boynton Beach to ensure that everything will go well.
Although swimming is generally beneficial to the human body in terms of relaxation and exercise, there are a couple of things that pool owners and operators must deem necessary.
Operating a Public Pool Versus a Residential Pool
Public Pool Requirements
Prevention of recreational water illnesses (RWIs) is a complicated issue that necessitates the involvement of pool personnel, swimmers, and health departments. Low disinfectant levels caused by poor maintenance can spread several microorganisms that cause diarrhea and skin and respiratory RWIs.
While pool workers cannot eliminate these complicated issues, they play an essential role in ensuring the health of pool guests. Aquatic managers and employees can lead the way by following a few basic measures.
- Obtain approved operator and chemical handling training from your state or local government.
- Ensure that trained operating workers are available on weekends when the pools are busiest.
- Maintain a constant free chlorine level of 1–3 parts per million, regulate the pH level of 7.2-7.8 in the water, and check the disinfectant levels (hourly when in heavy use).
- Keep detailed records of disinfectant and pH measurements and maintenance operations to keep track of manufacturer’s guidelines for filtering and recirculation systems.
- Ensure that all spaces are clean and safe.
- Implement a preventative maintenance policy to ensure that equipment and parts, such as feed pump tubing, injectors, and sensor probes are replaced before they fail.
- Provide instructions for cleaning up feces and bodily fluid spills.
- RWIs and proper pool use should be taught to pool users and parents.
Residential Pool Requirements
Although operating a residential pool is not as stringent as running a public pool, it doesn’t mean that parents and guardians can be complacent. After all, the safety and well-being of their families are at stake. Thus, they are still required to abide by pool safety tips.
Apart from pool maintenance measures, pool owners must prioritize childproofing to prevent untoward incidents. On top of that, they must be careful of pool hazards, public health issues and diseases, injuries, and pool repair once necessary.
Are You Looking for Professional Pool Service in Boynton Beach?
As a concerned pool owner, your top priority is the welfare of your patrons or family members. At Fountain Blue Pools, we have a team of skilled pool technicians, complete with extensive training, expertise, and equipment. Give us a call today.